One super fun way to support proper functioning of your lymph system, which is often referred to as the sewage system of the body, as it cleans up the waste created by virtually all the other systems of the body, is movement.
Wait! What? Why should I care?
Because… daily rebounding is recommended as a gentle detox technique or weight loss aid. In fact, rebounding is by far the most effective movement therapy for increased lymph flow and draining toxins from the body and due to the up-down movement, lymphatic fluid is forced to flow and flush toxins much more efficiently.
The reason the lymph system needs our movement (or breathing) is because unlike the circulatory system, which has the heart to keep the blood flowing, the lymphatic system does not have a ‘pump’ to push the lymph fluids around the body. And… so in order for lymphatic system to perform its function properly, it relies on our breathing and movement.
There are many different ways to support the lymph system via movement such as walking, weight lifting, or swimming but one of my favorite and fun ways to lymphasize is to rebound.
Here is me having fun…
A few other benefits of rebounding are:
- Full-body detox: as I already mentioned and it’s worth repeating, the lymphatic system relies completely on our conscious movement; the lymph system relies on our body movement as a pump. Without movement, toxins collect stagnantly in the lymph instead of leaving the body.
- Higher bone density: by working against the constant gravitational pressures while bouncing, we resist the earth’s pull.
- Fun weight loss: rebounding at a moderate pace doesn’t stress your metabolism with the gentle detox encouraging fat loss.
- Cellulite reduction: cellulite is frequently due to a stagnant, toxic lymph system and rebounding can improve one of the root causes of non-hereditary cellulite.
- Improved balance and posture: by engaging your abs and practicing your balance, you carry these improved habits off the trampoline.
- Rebounding supports the cardiovascular system: it supports the circulation of blood and by working of your heart muscles, the tone and quality of the muscle itself is improved.
So lymphasize! Try it. 20-30 minutes of rebounding each day will change everything! Or just try it for a week, 7 days… I’d like to hear all the great changes this simply and fun exercise brings to your life!